Week 12 Free Reading: Epified Krishna Part A

Image Credit. Krishna HD Wallpaper. Source: GoogleImages.

     This week is the first week of free reading. I am extremely excited about getting to pick what I want to read over the next few weeks. I liked the Mahabharata better than the Ramayana. So, I thought I would pick something along the lines of Mahabharata. However, I came upon the Epified version of Krishna's tale. It caught my eye with it's illustrated version of the story.
     I enjoyed watching Krishna's birth story come to life. It was deeply saddening to me when Kansa killed six of his sister's children. This was extremely cruel to Vasudev and Devaki. I hated that part of Krishna's birth story the most. If I was to retell this part of the story I would want to change this part of the story. I thought the setting of the castle and the dungeon was interesting. I really liked the tone it gave to the story. It also added to depth of cruelty Kansa put Devaki and Vasudev through.
     I was excited when Vasudev got to escape with his eighth child. It was very cool how they illustrated the entire city being asleep while Vasudev walked through with his child. I also thought it was cool that the eighth child was Vishnu incarnate. This gave the story an interesting twist because even if Kansa found the child he would not be able to kill him. I was slightly confused at why it was necessary to switch baby Vishnu with baby Maya. I guess it was just an extra precaution to keeping the baby safe.
     Overall I love the epified version of Indian Epics. It makes watching the story unfold so much fun.   I think that through the next few weeks of free reading I will try to watch lots more of the Epified Videos.

Bibliography:
Epified: Krishna. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion