Week 9 Reading: Part B

Image Credit. Bheem. Source: Wikipedia

     So for this week's reading, I have continued watching the online video version of the Mahabharata. one of the stories that stuck out was the one where Bheem was in the water and was attacked by the snakes. I really liked the imagery that this video gave me. The snake fight with Bheem was really cool to see illustrated. I like that Bheem was able to fight them off and show his strength to the snakes. Then when the fight is over I thought it was so cool that he ended up being in the very deep water. This was a part of the story that I really liked and was interested in. It really gave the story a new and interesting setting. I really liked the change of pace in the story and thought it flowed well.
   Bheem's walk through the palace and finding Vasuki. I like how they clearly explained his backstory and how Bheem and Vasuki were connected. I think it is really cool that one minute the snakes are attacking Bheem and the next they are throwing him a party. I also like how the dynamics of the story have changed. First, it was dark and action-packed and then there was a happy, light, and cheery party atmosphere.
   Then the story gets another twist with Vasuki offering Bheem the magic potion. This is another magical element of a story that contains many magical elements already. The magic potion could have been anything but I feel like of course, it was a strengthening potion. I think that it was expected for it to be a strengthening If I was to rewrite this story I would definitely change that element of the story. Overall this story was my favorite of part b and I really enjoyed analyzing it in the reading notes.
Bibliography:  Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion