Week 9 Reading: Part A

Image Credit. Goddess Ganga. Source: Pinterest

     This week we are exploring the Mahabharata in a different light. I chose to watch the Epified online film version of the Mahabharata. I really enjoyed listening and watching to part of this film. The graphics that the author creates to narrate his stories are very fun. I really like watching the illustrations take shape. They give a new dimension to the story that makes it more fun for me to listen to and watch. I think that the narrator is very talented because his characters are drawn so well. Another thing I loved about the Epified version was being able to tell if I was pronouncing all the names in the Mahabharata correctly.
   Again the parts of this story that stuck out for me were the story of Shantanu and his wife Ganga goddess of the river Ganga. This story is one of the most interesting to me that is in the Mahabharata. I really like the Epified take on this tale. It really encapsulated all of the information that the original Mahabharata did that I read but in a more playful precise manner. It also was able to show the emotions more of King Shantanu and his wife Ganga. The images of the eight celestials that Ganga relieves their curse is very cute and really lets you know why this woman is committing these horrific actions.
   The other portion of the video I enjoyed a lot was when Devavrat became Bhishma. This story was very interesting in the original Mahabharata but in the Epified version, I found it to be much more dramatic. The drawing of Bhishma as a superhero was fantastic. I also thought that reliving Devavrat's selflessness was incredible. Not many people would be willing to do what he did to make a loved one happy.

Bibliography:  Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion