Week 8 Reading and Writing

Image Credit. Sita Returns to the Earth. Source: Blogspot

     So far I have really enjoyed keeping up a blog and creating my Storybook website. I have played around with the theme, colors, fonts, and styles of my blog in the previous weeks. The overall look of my blog is one that I am very happy with. Each week the reading assignments are my least favorite but I understand that we have to have something to base our stories off of. The storytelling assignments are my favorite. I have never had a class that allowed me to be so creative and explore creative writing like this class. One of the biggest accomplishments I have achieved so far is improving my writing. I really think that I have learned a few tricks that have helped my writing improve as the semester has progressed. 
     One thing I am unhappy with is Uloopi's story in my storybook. I was really pressed for time when writing it and was not very creative. It was more a retelling with a few twists than it was my own story based on the story of Uloopi. I am hoping that I will have time this week to make some changes and improve the first story of my storybook. Overall, I am really happy with how my storybook is going and I like the characters that I have chosen to include in my storybook. It is really important for me to have interesting characters to start with so that I am invested in their stories. I have found that when choosing something to write about if you can pick something that you are interested in or invested in it will work out better in the long run. 
     In the future, I want to make my blog posts more interesting and my storybook pages more creative. I am hoping that I will find more inspiration as I continue to read and learn more about the women's stories I have chosen. 

I chose to include the image of Sita returning to the earth because it is one of my favorites and I find it a very powerful image. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion