Week 10 Reading Krishna: Part B

Image Credit. Krishna. Source: Pinterest

Part B starts with Krishna as a man who has obviously grown in power. I think that it is interesting that Indra came down to ask Krishna for help. This just shows to me that Krishna is powerful and wise and that he can be trusted to help when called upon. I like that the author of Krishna's story included this tale of Indra coming to him to ask for help. It is a clever way to show Krishna's power aside from all the heroic battle tales and mythical powers he possesses.
     When Krishna fights the demon Muru is probably one of my favorite parts of his tale. This demon reminds me of the Hydra from Greek mythology. I love Greek mythology so this story was right up my alley. It is interesting to me that Muru is gifted in fortification. I like that even though he is gifted in this area he is no match for Krishna. I think this is just another way that the author shows Krishna's power without directly saying it.
      I feel like Krishna did not want to ask for the Parijata tree but since Satyabhama wanted it he asked for it. I think that it was cruel of Satyabhama to ask for it. It was Krishna's deeds that won the prize and I think that he should have gotten something that he really wanted. I like how Krishna is always coming to the aid of those he respects or loves. Saving his grandson is yet another heroic act. I like Krishna's character and I am looking forward to coming up with a story for this week. He has so many qualities that make for a good main character and I really enjoyed reading the stories about him.

Bibliography:
Kincaid: Krishna. Source: Blogspot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion