Week 5 Story: Sita and Rama's Beginning

Image credit. Rama and Sita by Eliza Alys Young. Source: Amor y Sabor

     Sita was walking across her garden with her maid following behind her. "Sita do you want to go down by the fountain and pick some flowers?", her maid asked. "Yes let's go down there", Sita replied. As the two ladies walked the path to the fountain they were spotted by two men who were roaming around the palace. One of the men, Rama, thought that the princess was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He knew that he had to get to know her, but he was not sure how. Sita did not see the two men and picked her flowers and returned inside the palace for her evening meal.
     Later that night Sita was in her room reading scrolls about her father's kingdom. She heard a loud noise out on the balcony and was slightly frightened. She called for her maid immediately, but unusually there was no one there. She was unsure what to do so she tried to remain calm. She tried to be brave and spoke without her voice shaking "Who is out there?" she said. "Fair princess it is I Rama, son of Dasharatha, who has come to visit you. I mean you no harm." Sita had no idea what she should do but decided to trust this strange man.
     Sita went out on to the balcony with Rama. He was covered in moonlight and his eyes twinkled brighter than the stars. As Sita laid eyes on him she fell instantly in love. Seeing her closer Rama also knew immediately that she was meant for him. They spent the entire night talking and learning about each other's lives. The next day Sita introduced Rama to her father who could see how hopelessly in love they were. Her father wished them well and allowed Sita to marry Rama and return with him to his kingdom.

Author's Note:
This is just my take on the moment when Rama first sees Sita. I used Aladin and Jasmine's story as inspiration and that's why Rama sneaks on to Sita's balcony. I hope you enjoyed the story!

Bibliography:
The Divine Archer by F.J Gould. Source: Archive.org.


Comments

  1. Hey Hannah! I really liked your twist on the story. You stayed really close to the original at the beginning and then began to move towards something more romantic and something you liked more. I also really liked how you used Aladdin and Jasmine's romantic night for inspiration. It's very Romeo and Juliet too! Overall, a really great job with this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah!
    I thought that your story reminded me of some other story, but it wasn't until I read your author's note that I realized it was Aladdin (and after reading Jess's maybe it was Romeo and Juliet too?). Your story also made me wonder how Rama got onto Sita's balcony. Maybe he borrowed a certain someone's magic carpet or was just really good at jumping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah! I like the way you changed the story up and had Sita in the garden, along with the balcony scene. Before I saw your author's note, the first parallel I thought of was Romeo and Juliet with the famous balcony scene in that play; but I really like the Aladdin take on the story! One way I think this could be improved is to include some conflict which makes it difficult for Rama and Sita to get together, like in Aladdin, instead of them just getting together right away after the balcony scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I could definitely see the Jasmine and Aladdin influences, which is great. I think there are many similarities between the two couples! I like how it was close to the original, but you found your own way to make it romantic and add your own little twist ending. I also really enjoy your writing style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion