Storybook Plan

Gandhari receiving boon from Vayasa. Source: Wikipedia
Sources/ Stories to Include:
To create my storybook I am focusing on the stories of Uloopi, Sita, and Gandhari. They are three interesting stories that include common elements. These common elements will make it easy to keep a seamless theme throughout my storybook.
Uloopi is the first story I think I want to include. I have not read her entire story but here is a link to the book: Uloopi's Story. Secondly, I want to include Sita's part in the Ramayana. I also want to include something about her origin story. It was briefly mentioned in the reading guides for the PDE Ramayana and I would like to learn more about it. Here is a link to some information on Sita: Sita's Wikipedia Page. Thirdly, and perhaps the most interesting is Gandhari's story. Gandhari is a very selfless woman who gives up her sight on her wedding day because her husband is blind. She also is the mother of a hundred sons so I believe that her story will be a good one to include in my storybook. For more information on Gandhari visit: Gandhari's Wikipedia Page.

Potential Story-Telling Styles:
There are several common themes among the three stories I have chosen to use. All the characters I have chosen are women, princesses, and there is a love story. I am going back and forth between just altering their original stories and creating an entirely new story that makes their stories overlap and entertwine. I think that making them have a part in each other's stories would be the most interesting but would also be more difficult. I am going to attempt to make their stories overlap and hopefully it will work out.

Main Focuses:
My main focuses for this project will be to learn about the three women's personalities and character traits. I want them to be recognizable in my stories from whatever story they originally came from. I want to learn about each of their origin stories. Also, I want to pay attention to their love interests and any offspring they may have. Their stories definitely involve some sort of tragic or epic love and I want to include that aspect in my stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion