Reading C Notes: Ramayana

     
Image Credit. Ravanna. Source: Ancient History Encyclopedia. 

     Hanuman is a very interesting and humble character. I really like that he is willing to help Rama and that he can turn into a monkey. Vali is a classic villain of the story. He and Sugriva remind me a lot of the brothers Scar and Mufasa of the lion king. I like Sugriva's character and his willingness to help Rama also. I am glad that Sugriva and Vali are going to fight. I agree with the intro that Vali's death is very controversial. Rama is so powerful. I wonder why he didn't just meet Vali in open battle and help Sugriva win. I am glad that even though Sugriva and his brother had differences that he still mourned his brother's death.
   Rama is heartbroken to wait until the rainy season ends. It is quite heartbreaking honestly. He has finally found someone to help him rescue Sita but now he has to wait. Okay, Sugriva needs to get a move on because Rama has been waiting forever to rescue Sita. Finally! I'm glad he sent so many monkeys and hopefully, they'll rescue Sita very soon. I loved Jatayu's character and was very happy to find out he had a brother named Sampati. I love the imagery in Sampati's tragic story of losing his wings. I like how he saved his brother though, even at the cost of his wings. Hanuman is very powerful and I liked his story but I wish they would hurry up and go rescue Sita!
   Yay! They have finally found Sita. She is guarded by some fearsome creatures but I'm excited for Rama to show up and rescue her. I was very worried that Ravanna would persuade Sita to marry him but she refuses him. Oh dear!! I'm so sad that Ravanna was captured. I need Rama to hurry up and get to Lanka. Hanuman is such a clever monkey! His plan to set Lanka on fire worked perfectly. I'm also very glad that Hanuman got Sita and made sure she was okay. I think that Ravanna's court made a big mistake trying to go to war with Rama and Hanuman. I am very happy that Ravanna is about to be challenged and that Rama is gaining more allies to help him win!

Sources used: M. DuttR. DuttGouldGriffithHodgsonMackenzieNiveditaOmanRichardson, and RyderRamayana Online: Public Domain Edition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion