Week 2 Reading Overview

Family Portrait of Lord Shiva taken by Nithi Anand. January 2016. Source: Flickr
Personally, I am choosing to read the Public Domain Edition: Ramayana. This version is free which has appeal to me because I like to save all the money that I can. Also, there is an audio option that comes along with the Public Domain Edition. I really like this feature because I can get the readings done while driving or working out. I also like that there are various authors and writing styles. If I am not interested in one style I have no reason to worry because other styles are used in this option.
A couple of the comics I am interested in are The Gita: The Song of Eternal Wisdom and Shiva Parvati. The Gita interested me because of the story plot surrounding the rulers on the throne. I enjoy stories of rulers and their conquests and struggles. The other comic Shiva Parvati interested me because it seemed to be a love story with a few twists and turns. I am a sucker for love stories so this one immediately caught my attention. 
A couple of the videos I was interested in are Harry Potter Meets the Hindu Mythology and Foods for Gods. I LOVE Harry Potter so when I saw this video I was immediately interested. I enjoyed seeing the similarities that Harry Potter has to some of the Hindu myths. I wonder if J.K. Rowling was inspired at all by Hindu myths. The second video Foods for Gods caught my eye because I love reading stories of Gods and listening to the food, poisons, and potions they ingested was very interesting. Learning about the everyday life of these mythical creatures is fascinating for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion