Topic Brainstorm for Semester Project

Image Credit. Belle Sita by Ye-Zu. Taken August 2016. Source: Flickr

Women of the Ramayana is a topic that caught my eye first. As I've mentioned in other blog posts women are not very often the main characters or heroes of stories. I would like to learn more about the women in the Ramayana and potentially write some of their stories in my storybook. Sita is a Hindu goddess I have read about briefly in one of the older storybooks that interested me. I would like to learn more about her story particularly. I think it would also be interesting to learn about the women who were good and bad in the Ramayana. I have no previous knowledge of these stories so this topic would give me a blank slate with lots of opportunity for learning. 

Epic Heroes is the second topic that I might write about. I love superhero stories such as Superman, Thor, and Batman. I think that epic hero stories might just be the Indian epics version of these stories. I think it would be a lot of fun to read these stories. Hopefully, they are action-packed and even contain a love story or two. The tip about looking at the heroes qualities is very helpful. If I could nail down the heroes qualities it would make them easier to incorporate into my storybook. Click here for a link to a epic heroes topic I found interesting.

Horses are my favorite animal. When I was 14 I got my first horse and I have loved them ever since. Horses play a large role in history and I think it would be very interesting to me to find out what their role was in the Indian culture. I think that the mythical aspects of the horses in Indian epics will increase my interest in this subject. I want to find out about the role they played and the way they were viewed in Indian culture. I have no knowledge of how horses are incorporated into Indian culture or stories so it would be another good oppourtunity to learn something I did not know before. Click here for a horse story I found promising. 

Love Stories are the fourth topic that I am interested in. I am a hopeless romantic and love any love story of any kind. I think that learning about the relationships in Indian epics would be very entertaining to me. I want to see the dynamic between partners in Indian culture. Also seeing the differences in love stories in the fairy tales I've been told as a child and the love stories from another culture is something I'm looking forward to. I think that this topic would be the most fascinating for me because it's subject matter that I have always been interested in. Click here for a love story I would like to learn more about. 

Comments

  1. Hey Hannah! A lot of these topic are really cool! I like how you want to look into horses because they're your favorite animal. One of the topics I was interested in was elephants for the same reason. I also liked how you wanted to do the topic of love stories. I agree that the relationships in Indian culture are really interesting and think looking at the differences between the love stories you've gotten to know growing up and Indian ones would be really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion