Hannah's Storybook Favorites

All of the Storybooks I looked at were so thoughtfully and artistically put together! However, these three specifically captured my attention...

Firstly, Ganesha's Story. This storybook captured my attention because I was already familiar with the story of Ganesha but was curious to learn more. The title did an excellent job of letting me know what this storybook was about. In fact, it was the title that pulled me in and made me want to take a closer look. The introduction was well written. It mentions the different creation stories of Ganesha and eludes to the fact that Ganesha's life was not all peaches and cream making me want to learn more. Overall, I love the design of the page. However, I think that some of the pictures are a little too large and I will keep that in mind when creating my own storybook. Click here for the link to the storybook.


Graphic of Ganesha. Source: Flickr


Secondly, the storybook Supernatural Women caught my eye. This captured my attention because I love superhero stories of all kinds. Also, because most superheroes are men it sparked my attention even more. I love the layout of this storybook. The picture on the home page is beautiful and made me even more curious about the women's stories. I also like how the introduction and the other stories featured on the page are easily accessible at the top right of the page. I really enjoyed learning more about the supernatural women on this page. Click here to read the storybook. 
Satyavati ferrying across the river Source: Wikimedia

Lastly, the third storybook, Music Stories, was about music featured in Indian culture and some of its stories. I play a musical instrument, the flute, so this drew me in because I wanted to learn more about the music of India and how it influenced their culture. I like how the home page of this blog looks, but it is kind of confusing. The titles for the story are just names which does not tell me much about what they are about or make me more interested to read them. The stories were very interesting and I really enjoyed the pictures on the page. Click here to read the storybook. 
Saraswati. Source: Wikimedia 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 9 Story: The Magic Potion